First-person shooter PlanetSide 2 is a free-to-play MMO that was created by Rogue Planet Games and released by Daybreak Game Company. The game features contemporary first-person shooter mechanics and allows fights involving thousands of people.
From December 16 to December 18, 4th, 5th and 6th Years Anniversary Bundle are 40% Off! You can easily find them in your depot in-game till December 18th, so if you are an active player and want to support PlanetSide 2, make sure to close the deal.
PlanetSide 2 also had a little Hotfix on December 14th, which we will show down below
All PC servers will come down for the following update on Wednesday, December 14, at 6:00am PT (3:00pm CET). The downtime for this update is expected to last up to 2 hours.
Capture the Flag
- Hacking a Repo now initiates and overload that lasts for 30 seconds before it converts the Repo to your faction.
- This 30-second countdown can be interrupted by the opposing faction.
Dev Note: The changes here will prevent easy re-secures, and was a major missing piece in the overall flow of the CTF capture type. Please share your feedback on the updated CTF mechanics after the update goes Live.
Misc. Changes, Fixes, and Additions
- Perihelion’s charged fire now shows projectiles correctly on remote clients.
- Firing a weapon and switching to a repair/healing tool no longer causes a player to be stuck in an infinite firing loop on remote clients.
- Fixed an issue where entering/re-entering a vehicle as a MAX suit could hide your ability HUD display.
- NS-R3 Swarm variants no longer mention “Flak Detonation” in their descriptions.
- Various model and animation cleanup on the NS-11C Frostbite.
- Amerish Sky adjustments.
- Outfit War statues on Sanctuary now display outfit information once again.
- Doubled the amount of Snowman that can be spawned on a continent at once.
- Snowmen no longer spawn on locked continents.
- Chimera’s Avalanche Tire Trails now appear on the middle set of tires.
- Removed campaign currencies from the handful of store items that still used them.
- Fixed an issue preventing NSO from using faction-based jump pads at the following bases:
PlanetSide 2 Blog
- Howling Pass (Indar)
- Saurva Bio Lab (Indar)
- Dahaka Amp Station (Indar)
- Zurvan Amp Station (Indar)
- Peris Amp Station (Indar)
- Freyr Amp Station (Esamir)
- Jord Amp Station (Esamir)
- Naum Amp Station (Hossin)
- Hurakan Amp Station (Hossin)
- Ixtab Amp Station (Hossin)
- Broken Vale Garrison (Hossin)